Re: SMTP port specification

On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 14:44:20 -0500
Haines Brown <haines@histomat.net> wrote:

> Herbert, this must try your patience even more than mine. I followed
> your suggestions and this is what my .wl looks like:
>
>   (setq
>   wl-smtp-connection-type 'starttls
>   wl-smtp-posting-user "brownh@historicalmaterialism.info"
>   wl-smtp-posting-server "mail.historicalMaterialism.info"
>   wl-local-domain "historicalMaterialism.info"
>   wl-message-id-domain "HistoricalMaterialism.info"
>   wl-smtp-posting-port 587
>   wl-smtp-authenticate-type "plain"
>   wl-smtp-authenticate-type "login"
>   )

Use either plain or login, not both. The latter just overrides the
former. Have you also tried without 'wl-smtp-connection-type'?

Is this your complete .wl? Where do you set wl-from?
What lines have you added to your ~/.emacs?

> It produces the error:
>
>    signal(wrong-type-argument (arrayp nil))
>    call-interactively(wl-draft-send-and-exit nil nil)

Sorry, no idea.

Try:

(setq smtp-debug t)
(setq debug-on-error t)

If the debugger returns byte-code you should follow the instructions
in article:

<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.mail.wanderlust.general.japanese/6777>

What Emacs/apel/flim/semi/wl version do you use?
Do you have gnutls-cli and/or openssl installed?

--
Herbert