Re: Subject Lines on Tickets (Part I)

Barbara,

--On tirsdag, juni 03, 2003 14:22:26 -0400 "Barbara B. Fuller" <bfuller@foretec.com> wrote:

Subject Lines on Tickets

(1) Request to Publish: <insert file name of ID>

Please use this subject line when requesting that an ID be published as
an RFC.  (We realize that requests to publish normally are sent by WG
Chairs or individuals.  Please encourage your WG Chairs to use this
subject line.)

(2) Last Call: <insert file name of ID>

Please use this subject line when requesting a Last Call for an ID.

(3) Write-up: <insert file name of ID>

Please use this subject line when returning your write-up for inclusion
in the ballot for a document in Last Call.

(4) Evaluation: <insert file name of ID>

Please use this subject line when submitting your ballot position and/or
comments on a document in Last Call.
For these two, which are (mostly) replies to messages, the Secretariat needs to set the subject accordingly on the requesting message.
(5) No Action Required: <insert topic>

Please use this preface in the subject line for tickets that include
comments or discussion only.  Please note that the ticket system is
designed for requesting support from the Secretariat, and is normally not
an appropriate vehicle for discussion of issues.
We should never use this if we want no action. The correct way is to not send the mail to iesg-secretary.

NOTE: There are a couple of other common items (suggestions for names):

(6) Query: <insert topic>

to use when you are requesting information about something the IESG secretary knows something about (like "what happened to my request for X")

(7) Verify: <insert topic>

Something's supposed to have happened, and the AD can't tell that it has. Plesae verify that it has been done, and if not, do it ASAP. If it can't be done, tell the AD why.