Re: Subject Lines on Tickets (Part I)

Hi Randy:

At 06:43 AM 6/4/2003 -0700, you wrote:
> If we can standardize the subject lines,

and if cash could fall from the sky ...
Would that it could...but I don't think that standardized subject lines for routine, recurring categories of requests is asking for *quite* such a miracle. It was actually suggested by a member of the IESG!

barbara, you and your team have my sympathies.  but i just can't
see doing a lot more than forwarding the message where maria whines
about her document.  the odds of my looking up in a table what the
proper subject line should be is about the same effort for me as
doing the actual work on the document and saving cnri all those
salaries.
The purpose of standardizing subject lines for routine, recurring categories of requests (as well as automating tools, and making other changes to the Secretariat's procedures and methods) is to increase productivity and improve service. And if the Secretariat can increase productivity, then it can provide additional services and be more responsive with the same resources...which positively effects the bottom line :-))

I truly believe that working together as a team to accomplish these goals is a win-win-win situation for the IETF, the IESG, and the Secretariat.

Thanks for taking the time to "listen."

Regards,

Barbara

Barbara B. Fuller