Re: Internal WG Review: Recharter of IP Telephony (iptel)

I have to agree with not *starting* from these documents, if possible.

If someone does, I would like to be sure we have whatever signoff is needed
from Henning before offering them to others to edit -- I'm
not even sure if they ever managed to get *published* as Internet-Drafts,
or if they just circulated within the IAB.

As I recall there was a *lot* of discussion about the documents, and
a few of us tried to work with Henning to create a document the
IAB could love.

The chief problem (at least in the earlier version, and I don't
think it was fixed in the subsequent minor revisions) was that
did not stick to descriptive, factual roadmap/tutorial, but contained a lot of
material that was one person's interpretation of history/projections
for how things ought to be done.  That detracted a lot from
the objective of giving an introduction to the uninitiated, and
contributed greatly to the unease felt by many who had been involved
in some of hte design decisions.

The latter 2 paras outline why I think starting from these documents
is not the best plan of action.

Leslie.