Re: [RRG] Why delaying initial packets matters

The other thing we should do is to go back to the tradeoff discussion
that David started; I found that useful. The questions that I have are:
1) Wouldn't a hybrid scheme be able to reduce the incidence of this
problem? 2) David's tradeoffs assumed that we operate either in push or
pull model. However, has it been established that we actually need a
separation architecture that needs these mappings? What about research
ideas such as compact routing?

We have to be careful of introducing a hybrid, more complex solution just to solve a dropped packet for the very first flow between a source-site and destination-site.

A robust system should also consider what problems not to solve.

Dino