Re: [RRG] Are host-stack modifications allowed or disallowed ?

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 1:24 AM, Brian Dickson <briand@ca.afilias.info> wrote:
>  Probably because LSRR as a "traffic engineering" solution didn't (and
>  doesn't) scale, especially from a hardware perspective.
>
>  Crappy often scales well. "Never underestimate the bandwidth of a
>  station wagon full of mag tapes." (Dates back to uucp days.)

Brian,

Sure, and you measure it in terms of gigabits per gallon.

I don't propose LSRR as a solution. I do propose that since those
days, customer-driven custom routing has become something customers
are willing to pay significant amounts of money for. Therefore,
enabling that customer behavior should be one of the things we "take
seriously" in our new routing system.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--