Re: [RRG] Are host-stack modifications allowed or disallowed ?

Excerpts from William Herrin at 00:33:33 -0500 on Thu  6 Mar 2008:
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 8:07 PM, Tony Li <tony.li@tony.li> wrote:
> >  |CDNs (e.g. Akamai)
> >
> >  Interesting, but I'm missing on how that's relevant.
>
> At least one of us is being obtuse. I won't claim it isn't me.

but CDNs (and I'll toss in DNS tweaks) aren't IP level nor are they
routing.  They distribute content.  Accessing that content is done
using the usual IP layer methods.

So this case probes the rule.  I don't think we should assume that the
way to get what you want is by manipulating routing.