Re: [RRG] Consensus? End-user networks need their own portable address space

Scott,
Whats your conclusion? That we need to assume the IP address will be used as an identifier by higher layers for the foreseeable future, and figure out how to live with it?

I am loathe to make a sweeping statement here, but when considering the economic incentives for change (or lack thereof), all those lovely uses Bill mentioned are economic disincentives from breaking the identifier association from an IP address, and economic incentives for PI approaches.

Eliot