Re: Warning (elmo): Please set `wl-message-id-domain' to get valid Message-ID string.

Hi Ito,

Thanks for the explanation!

On Fri, 06 Mar 2015 19:20:19 +0900, Kazuhiro Ito wrote:
[...]
> > And of course my original question is still open: why did I get the
> > warning on one machine but not on another, with the same WL setup?
>
> Because of the difference in wl-from's default value.  As I wrote,
> wl-from's default is built from user-mail-address variable and
> user-full-name function.  And message-id is made from wl-from's value on
> default settings.  If wl-from is invalid, generated message-id also may be
> invalid.  So Wanderlust warns you when generated message-id is invalid.  I
> don't know the reason of differences in user-mail-address variable and/or
> user-full-name function's result between your computers.

So, if I understand correctly, since Emacs constructs user-mail-address from
the login name and the system's name, it will be different across different
machines.  In my case, it seems to be constructed from my login name and the
content of /etc/mailname, so it is greg@toshiba, which is not a valid email
address, therefore wl-from will be invalid.  So I get the warning.

On my office desktop, /etc/mailname contains a real server name, hence
user-mail-address will at least look like a valid email address, and
therefore wl-from will be valid, so I don't get the warning.  (This might
explain why Erik's suggestion of putting a dot in wl-message-id-domain can
work.)

Is this correct?  Does this mean that setting /etc/mailname could also do
the trick?

Thanks again,
Greg