Re: Comments regarding draft-freed-mime-p4-04.txt

Ned,

You seem to have mistaken me for someone who participates in W3C-IETF
co-ordination work; I am not, and therefore can't answer these
questions.

If you are not at least informed by this work then I am at a total loss as to how you ever got the idea an I-D registering a media type but containing no registration template would ever be acceptable. As I have explained repeatedly, the only this idea ever came up was in the context of W3C-IETF coordination work. The current media type registration rules are quite clear in this regard as to the need for a registration template.

Similarly, if this work is totally independent of the W3C-IETF coordination
activities then I find it quite curious that this document has been mentioned
in that context not once but several times.

And finally, it is even more curious that the original versions of this
document contained a registration template that was removed in the 14-Apr-2003
update, shortly after the W3C-IETF coordination call of 13-Mar-2003 where this
idea emerged.

Given all this if you still think it was unreasonable for me to reach
the conclusion I did, I'm sorry, but we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Ned