RE: [RRG] Comments on draft-lewis-lisp-interworking

Hi again Dino,

|I am saying there are multiple ways to go. You could have a LISP site
|that does NAT even when there are PTRs deployed.
|
|But when the LISP site sources packets, it's one type of
|address, that
|is the source address of the packet that is put on the CE-PE link. So
|when a LISP site talks to another LISP site, that source
|address is an
|RLOC from the ISPs block. When that same LISP site is sending
|to a non-
|LISP site, the ITR can translate it's source address to the same RLOC
|as in the LISP-to-LISP case.

Ok, I'm fine with that.  You're effectively shifting to a NAT approach for
transition.  If you do that, do you even need PTRs anymore?

|Well, I'll ask you the same thing I ask Yakov, give me an alternative
|that has a lower cost of deployment.

I'm not out to optimize for the lower cost of deployment.  That's a price
that we pay once.  I'm much more concerned with having the right end-goal.
A cheap deployment of a lousy end-goal isn't worth it in the first place.

Tony