Re: elmo-use-database?

At Tue, 05 Jan 2010 16:25:26 -0500,
David Abrahams wrote:

> At Tue, 5 Jan 2010 14:48:05 -0500,
> Per B. Sederberg wrote:
> > and it should work
> > like you want (performing the server-side mairix call).
>
> Not quite; it makes the server-side call, but then I need something to
> visit the folder created on the server.

How does it work in gnus to visit a server-side maildir folder, which
you have populated with that server-side mairix call?  Not that it's
ideal or anything, but could you mount that search folder locally with
sshfs and point mairix.el at it?

> > You can look at the bottom of this (very helpful) config for how to
> > set up mairix in your .wl file:
> >
> > http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/hgw-init-wl.el
>
> Wow, that thing is huge.  Looks very valuable, so thanks.  That said,
> it reinforces my impression that WL comes with insufficient
> out-of-the-box default configuration.  The hoops I have to jump
> through to get WL to insert my .signature file at the end of messages,
> for example, look pretty high.

No doubt!  It's taken me upwards of a year to configure WL to the
point where I use it more than any other MUA.  It looks as though
there's a big movement to improve the docs, so this should all start
improving...

Per