Re: elmo-use-database?

At Tue, 5 Jan 2010 14:48:05 -0500,
Per B. Sederberg wrote:

> I use mairix.el (I think from here http://randomsample.de/mairix.el).

Yes I noticed that in your .mime file.

> It looks like you can customize the mairix command, which means that
> you could replace mairix with your command above

Yep, I noticed that too

> and it should work
> like you want (performing the server-side mairix call).

Not quite; it makes the server-side call, but then I need something to
visit the folder created on the server.

> I still
> prefer the local version b/c I like to be able to search on my laptop
> when not connected to the internets.

That's a good point and I intend to try that also.

> You can look at the bottom of this (very helpful) config for how to
> set up mairix in your .wl file:
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/hgw-init-wl.el

Wow, that thing is huge.  Looks very valuable, so thanks.  That said,
it reinforces my impression that WL comes with insufficient
out-of-the-box default configuration.  The hoops I have to jump
through to get WL to insert my .signature file at the end of messages,
for example, look pretty high.

--
Dave Abrahams           Meet me at BoostCon: http://www.boostcon.com
BoostPro Computing