Re: elmo-use-database?

At Tue, 05 Jan 2010 16:25:26 -0500,
David Abrahams wrote:

> > and it should work
> > like you want (performing the server-side mairix call).
>
> Not quite; it makes the server-side call, but then I need something to
> visit the folder created on the server.

Okay, I have this working; I was surprised at how close your code came
to working OOTB for this application.

The only change I had to make was to make it drop a leading "." when
naming the folder to access on the server.  My hack was to add this in
mairix-wl-display:

 (concat (regexp-quote (expand-file-name mairix-file-path)) "\\.*\\(.*\\)")
                                                             ^^^^

I'm not sure what an appropriate generalized fix might be.  I set up
my mairix commands this way:

(custom-set-variables

 '(mairix-command "ssh my-server.com mairix")
 ; can't use ~/Maildir because it expands locally to the wrong directory
 '(mairix-file-path "/home/dave/Maildir/")
 '(mairix-mail-program (quote wl))
 '(mairix-search-file ".zz_mairix-results"))

(setq mairix-wl-search-folder-prefix "%")

=== Works brilliantly! ===

Soon I'll try to figure out how to do these searches locally without
running offlineimap, instead just using wl's local cache.

--
Dave Abrahams           Meet me at BoostCon: http://www.boostcon.com
BoostPro Computing