Re: SMTP port specification

On 26.11.2012 14:49, Haines Brown wrote:

I had tried to pare things down to the minimum. This is my current
.wl:

[...]

  (setq
  ;; wl-smtp-connection-type 'starttls
  elmo-maildir-folder-path "~/Mail"              ;; where I can store
my mail.
  wl-stay-folder-window t                        ;; show folder pane
  wl-smtp-posting-user "brownh@historicalmaterialism.info"
  wl-smtp-posting-server "mail.historicalMaterialism.info"
  wl-local-domain "historicalMaterialism.info"
  wl-message-id-domain "HistoricalMaterialism.info"
  wl-smtp-posting-port 587
  ;; wl-smtp-authenticate-type "plain"
  wl -smtp-authenticate-type "login"
     ^^^
Is this space also in your .wl?

The first two lines were added at your suggestion, but don't give a
more verbose debug (I have .emacs set up to give me debut info). The
TLS line was added at your suggestion, but I commented it because I
don't use TLS as far as I know. In .emacs I have:

Your wl-smtp-posting server supports "STARTTLS" on port 587, so why not use it? Especially when the wl-smtp-authenticate-type is only plain and login (=insecure).

Sorry, I have no more ideas.
Maybe install latest Emacs (24.x) and apel/flim/semi(-epg)/wl from source.

Btw. on Debian gnutls-cli is included in gnutls-bin package.

If you send me your full ~/.emacs and ~/.wl file I can test it in my environment.

--
Herbert