Re: SMTP port specification

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 12:28:41PM +0100, Herbert J. Skuhra wrote:
> On 26.11.2012 14:49, Haines Brown wrote:
>
> >I had tried to pare things down to the minimum. This is my current
> >.wl:

> >[...]
> >  wl -smtp-authenticate-type "login"
>      ^^^
> Is this space also in your .wl?

No. A typo here.

> Sorry, I have no more ideas.
> Maybe install latest Emacs (24.x) and apel/flim/semi(-epg)/wl from
> source.
>
> Btw. on Debian gnutls-cli is included in gnutls-bin package.
>
> If you send me your full ~/.emacs and ~/.wl file I can test it in my
> environment.

Herbert,

Just a note to indicate that your request re .emacs has perhaps
pointed to the problem. I run a session of .emacs that has an
abbreviated init file, and off hand it appears to work with
Wanderlust. If true, I can track down the problem in my big primary
.emacs init file as time allows. When I do it should be informative
for wl users.

Only one oddity. The first time I ran Wanderlist with this abbreviated
.emacs init file (and with wl-smtp-connection-type 'starttls in .wl
still commented) I was prompted for my PW. In my second experiment, I
was not, but the sending... process seemed to be rather lengthy. In
third and subsequent tests sending mail, the time required for sending
seemed normal.

I want to thank you again for your patience in this matter.

Haines