Re: elmo-use-database?

At Mon, 14 Dec 2009 23:07:03 +0100,
Vitaly Mayatskikh wrote:

> At Mon, 14 Dec 2009 16:48:13 -0500, David Abrahams wrote:
>
> > > Wanderlust does offline search.
> >
> > Okay, I just finished plowing through the WL manual and I find
> > nothing related to search other than the ability to create search
> > folders.  Am I missing something?
>
> Press `V', specify search filter, enjoy :)

Okay, nifty.  Fast, too, even on the server, unless searching bodies!
But how would I use this to find just the messages in the same thread
as the one I'm viewing?

> > > I did a couple of patches for ESEARCH feature and folders partial
> > > update. If you manage all your mail only in Wl, partial updates
> > > improve speed and reduce traffic quite a lot (this works with all
> > > kinds of IMAP servers).
> >
> > What happens if you occasionally use other mail clients (I can't run
> > WL on my phone very effectively ;->)?
>
> If Wl found changes in old part of folder, it will do full UIDs
> reload. Just like Wl was doing it before, all the time.

So, IIUC, occasionally using another mail client will reduce but not
eliminate the benefit of your patches?

> > > Most of custom patches are in my repo only:
> > > http://repo.or.cz/w/more-wl.git
> >
> > Cool, are these destined for upstream integration?
>
> A couple of them are already in 2.15.7. Some of patches are silly,
> like I didn't found how to configure some needed feature and
> implemented it as a hack ;) Perhaps, it's time to push the rest of
> good patches to upstream.

That would be great, thank you.