Re: elmo-use-database?

At Mon, 14 Dec 2009 23:11:47 -0500, David Abrahams wrote:

> > Press `V', specify search filter, enjoy :)
>
> Okay, nifty.  Fast, too, even on the server, unless searching bodies!
> But how would I use this to find just the messages in the same thread
> as the one I'm viewing?

This is "usual" search. It doesn't do searches in another folders,
gzipped archives, etc. Theoretically, it is possible to search for
parent msg-id in all elmo db and switch to the folder, where parent
msg has been found. Cross-folder search in opposite direction is also
possible.

> So, IIUC, occasionally using another mail client will reduce but not
> eliminate the benefit of your patches?

No, it will not eliminate benefit completely.

> That would be great, thank you.

I'm not sure how many people use more-wl. I'll appreciate if
volunteers will test it a bit and report any regressions.

--
wbr, Vitaly