Re: elmo-use-database?

At Sat, 12 Dec 2009 16:47:36 +0100,
Vitaly Mayatskikh wrote:

> […]
>
> Btw, if you use Wl only, you can safely set wl-summary-auto-sync-marks
> to nil.
>
> […]

This is wonderful! I use dovecot as my IMAP server, with custom flags
to label messages, and this greatly speeds up my updates.

I have added it to a new Wanderlust FAQ:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WlFaq

PS: All this talk of offlineimap has raised a question in my mind. In
my experience, IMAP in Wanderlust is significantly faster than direct
Maildir support. Is this not the experience of others? I suppose this
is dependent on filesystem, etc., but it has certainly been my
experience that WL with a 20k+ message folder is unusable using
Maildir, but just slow using IMAP.

best,
Erik Hetzner