Re: Wl documentation [WAS: Re: elmo-use-database?]

At Tue, 15 Dec 2009 17:48:11 +0000,
Richard Lewis wrote:

> I'm quite interested in getting some Wl documentation together.
>
> There is already a Wiki FAQ <http://wiki.gohome.org/wl/> which could
> be a good place to concentrate efforts. We could add to this some more
> detailed tutorial-like pages.

Maybe so.  You can't edit those pages without logging in, and I don't
see how to get a login there, though.  It's also a little tough for me
to look at those pages, what with the messy layout.  On my browser the
bullets in the left sidebar are bisected by the left edge of the
window!  Yeah, I probably sound really picky now, sorry, but I might
prefer writing some markup language in a git repo somewhere.  If we
use ReST, GitHub at least, will format it for us,
e.g. http://github.com/techarcana/s3backup/blob/master/README.rst
Also, I guess, they provide a wiki.  I'm not attached to that
particular approach, though.

> I'd be happy, once there's some more content, to take charge of
> editing selected pages into some bundleable documentation for release.

That would be wonderful!

> Also, consider this a "call for URLs". I know I've seen at least a few
> blog posts and the like which describe people's experience with
> installing/configuring/using Wl. Please add any that you know of to
> this thread.

Not sure these are so great; naturally none of them told me what I
wanted to know, or I wouldn't be talking about this doc project!

http://emacs-fu.blogspot.com/2009/06/e-mail-with-wanderlust.htm
http://www.mail-archive.com/slug@slug.org.au/msg23536.html

--
Dave Abrahams           Meet me at BoostCon: http://www.boostcon.com