Wl documentation [WAS: Re: elmo-use-database?]

At Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:44:08 -0500,
David Abrahams wrote:

> At Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:15:45 +0100,
> Vitaly Mayatskikh wrote:

> > > Okay, nifty.  Fast, too, even on the server, unless searching bodies!
> > > But how would I use this to find just the messages in the same thread
> > > as the one I'm viewing?
> >
> > This is "usual" search.
>
> You mean `V' is the usual search, I take it.
>
> Incidentally, I am starting to think that the lack of an accessible
> English-language users' guide to Wanderlust (one that explains things
> like "`V' is how you search") and complexity of installation are
> costing WL legions of users.  I'm sure I would have been using it for
> years in lieu of Gnus otherwise it takes a little while before you
> realize that despite the best efforts of the Gnus team, their
> "friendly" documentation isn't accessible because of system
> complexity.  If I can learn enough to become comfortable with WL, I'd
> like to start such a document.

I'm quite interested in getting some Wl documentation together.

There is already a Wiki FAQ <http://wiki.gohome.org/wl/> which could
be a good place to concentrate efforts. We could add to this some more
detailed tutorial-like pages.

I'd be happy, once there's some more content, to take charge of
editing selected pages into some bundleable documentation for release.

Also, consider this a "call for URLs". I know I've seen at least a few
blog posts and the like which describe people's experience with
installing/configuring/using Wl. Please add any that you know of to
this thread.
--
Richard Lewis