Re: elmo-use-database?

At Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:44:08 -0500, David Abrahams wrote:

> Incidentally, I am starting to think that the lack of an accessible
> English-language users' guide to Wanderlust (one that explains things
> like "`V' is how you search") and complexity of installation are
> costing WL legions of users.  I'm sure I would have been using it for
> years in lieu of Gnus otherwise it takes a little while before you
> realize that despite the best efforts of the Gnus team, their
> "friendly" documentation isn't accessible because of system
> complexity.  If I can learn enough to become comfortable with WL, I'd
> like to start such a document.

Yes, documentation is a problem. However, this task is for native
english speaker ;)

> Anyway, the key issue is how to go from theory to practice.  I am
> comfortable with elisp but don't know any WL internals (yet).  Any
> starting hints?

I have no any special methodology. Usually, just typing C-h k V (for
example, V) and looking how associated function works. Sources are
well structured, it is easy to find and understand needed piece of
code.

> > Cross-folder search in opposite direction is also possible.
>
> What does "opposite direction" mean in this context?

Forward direction :) If there's reply in other folder, it is possible
to find it in elmo db and jump to this folder (or link it to virtual
folder).
--
wbr, Vitaly