Re: elmo-use-database?

At Tue, 15 Dec 2009 16:07:02 -0500, David Abrahams wrote:

> > I have no any special methodology. Usually, just typing C-h k V (for
> > example, V) and looking how associated function works.
>
> That's my usual method, too; I was just thinking maybe you knew about
> particular functions or internal data structures (e.g. the message db)
> that I'd want to know about for this job.

elmo/elmo-msgdb.el and elmo/modb-* is right place to go. I don't
remember all the details, but it was really easy for me to start the
work on Wl a year ago ;) Also elp (emacs lisp profiler) is your best
friend, especially its instrument-package facility.

> > Sources are well structured, it is easy to find and understand
> > needed piece of code.
>
> Well, /that's/ nice.
>
> I still find them a bit difficult at times because, e.g., nothing in
> the comments or docstrings would lead you to think there was a
> difference between wl-summary-down and wl-summary-next.  Anyway,
> that's enough complaining from me; let me be useful: if I have
> documentation patches as I go along, where should I send them so they
> have a chance of being incorporated upstream?

You need cvs account at m17n.org: http://cvs.m17n.org/
Also you can post your patches here, some local habitants already has
commit access.

> Well, it looks like I have my XMas vacation projects lined up for me!

Same here, so much community work is planned for xmas time ;)
--
wbr, Vitaly